Boundaries are a big issue for a lot of people, myself included. So today is part advice, and partly me confessing that I have been letting myself down when it comes to boundaries. I have not been loving and honoring myself.
There are a lot of ways that we can compromise and disrespect our boundaries. Some of the common ones are in participating in relationships in which there is not an equal energy exchange (often we are the ones that consciously set it up this way), where you end up giving, giving and giving, and you don’t get your needs met. This can occur in personal relationships, and with my clients, I often hear about relationships in work settings where people are being taken advantage of, their boundaries disrespected, andmy clients feel like there is nothing that they can do.
The key is recognizing that you are not having your needs met and that there is inequity in the energy exchange. It can be easy for many of us to let it slide, but when we let it slide repeatedly, before we know it we are letting our boundaries be so flexible they are almost non-existent. We are alway renegotiating the boundaries, which is tiring. We also always need to remember we do have choice. Are you ready to make the choice to respect your boundaries? I am!
In a business mastermind I’m participating in I’ve had the opportunity to take a good look at my own boundaries. I tell my clients I’m someone who walks the talk, but that’s not been true recently when it comes to business boundaries. I have been very bendy in my boundaries, and not respecting myself. I need tidy up some of my biz policies if I’m to have the energy to do the work that I do. Sooooo as an act of self love, here are some new Alinga policies:
* SESSIONS : I will be offering in person and coaching services via Skype on Wednesday 10 -7pm (in person limited to 10 -2pm), Thursday 4 – 6.30 (Skype heart coaching only) and Friday 10-2pm (in person and Skype heart coaching)
* WORKSHOPS : I will run classes with a minimum of 3 + people. We will postpone classes that don’t fill until more people are signed up.
* ONLINE CLASSES – Classes will run with 10 + people signed up. Also, there will not be an option to join the eCourse if you miss the cut off time. For example, the heart writing eCourse registration closes at 9pm on Nov 2nd. AND I won’t let anyone in after that time. Nada! Yep, I’m getting badass about this boundary stuff!!
* QUESTIONS/ SCHEDULING – All communication should be through email or phone. It gets challenging managing FB communication so I’ll be redirecting people to email.
Questions about eCourses – Allow 24 – 48 hours for responses. We will respond as quickly as possible. My awesome virtual assistant Tonya will often be the one responding to questions. I’m prioritizing ways to help my biz grow and to make plenty of time for writing books and developing content. This will mean that I will be looking to Tonya to help me more and more. Thanks, Tonya!!
* CRYSTAL QUESTIONS - I won’t be able to offer responses to a lot of questions about the crystals and their meaning. Customized sets will be created for current clients. I will be creating a YouTube channel and there will be a lot of information in those videos, as well as an eCourse that I will be launching in 2015. I love sharing my knowledge with the community, but I’ll be sharing my knowledge in classes primarily. In the future I will offer group calls where I will answer questions and intuitively offer recommendations.
Part of the reason for these policy changes is that I am transitioning my biz from primarily a one-to-one model to a one-to-many model. In plain speak it means I want to work with a larger number of people sharing my knowledge about intuition, crystals, reiki and heart writing. It’s “the time” to expand my reach.
I LOVE my relationships with everyone. It is great to be growing such an awesome community. My intention is to grow a strong, heart-centered, respectful, non-judgmental, wise, spiritual, supportive, dynamic, healing, boundary-respecting, growth-oriented community of healers, teachers, writers, and creatives from all over the world. An international community of like-minded folks that can connect and share in the journey.
We are a process oriented community, supporting, respecting and honoring each other as we follow our own unique paths.
How are your boundaries? What do you notice about your boundaries at home and in the workplace, or in your biz? Do you have some of the same issues as me? I’d love to hear either on the FB page or in the blog comments.
** Do you follow Alinga on Facebook? LIKE US here for more conversations!